Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blah

Right now, and for the past couple weeks at that matter, all I can think about is photography. I have a bunch of new shoots planned, or at least trying to be planned. It almost seems like every shoot lately never turns out as planned. Don't get me wrong the shoots are still successful and the pictures look great but there's always just a hint that there is something I don't like about it. Most people tell me I'm just being too hard on myself with my photography but I can never tell.

All I want to do is shoot and now that its summer time it should be easier than ever but I feel like I have more road blocks now than I did during the school year. The biggest thing on my mind is trying to prepare for a shoot in Nashville about a month from now and lining up all the right models to go down is hitting a lot of bumps and I only have one confirmed out of the three potentially going. Not to mention the details regarding the shoot are looking like it's going to cost myself and everyone who goes an arm and a leg but the pictures are going to be so amazing I know the experience will be worth it.

I'm still hoping to get a few more confirmations on people who I want to model for me as well and the waiting period always sucks. I know there are always going to be people who are interested in modeling but when it comes to my work I get ahead of myself faster than I can shoot the pictures and always want to work with the people I ask. I am very selective about people I ask to shoot and it can be a setback when people either have to think or are slow to get back to me. I really shouldn't care at all how long it takes someone to respond considering it takes me days to respond to anybody regarding anything. Anyone who has worked with me could probably tell you that on how I can be about this stuff. I tell myself there's a difference between taking things seriously and then how much I do but I never listen.

On the bright side though I have a lot people interested in hiring me for shoots this summer and I am getting two new pieces of equipment next week. A new lens and a new flash so I can't wait for that! I also re-did my profile on Model Mayhem and I think in terms of that site my profile looks a lot more attractive and more to what people want to see right away.

I got a ton on my mind but deep down I feel everything will play out and this summer is going to be a great one in terms of types of pictures and really accelerate my confidence and my shooting ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment