Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Determined Than Ever

So yesterday I got my grade for my photography class this semester. It was a "C" in Multimedia. I'm sorry, but when there are 4 major grades in that class, just 4 photo projects for the entire semester, and my grades on them were 85, 89, 85, and 90, I think it should be understandable that I am just a little bit pissed off. There were other grades that apparently didn't weigh as much but I guess I was wrong on that. I didn't turn in one assignment that pretty much was a completion only assignment and I'm supposed to believe that that was enough to drop me an entire letter grade!? An assignment with no real value to what we were supposed to learn in the class!

I have never gotten higher than a "C" in any photography class. Anyone who knows me knows how serious I am about my photography and I'm sorry but I think I am much fucking higher than an average photographer.

I know I am not a journalist and probably never will be. I know there are better schools out there for what I want to do professionally. But the fact is I am staying here and I can get C's for the entire program until I graduate for all I care. Nothing is going to fucking slow me down and what I want to do.

I have learned a lot this past year with everything related to photography and this summer I am going to build a portfolio so fucking strong there won't be a doubt in anyones mind that I know what I am doing and I am going to be an awesome photographer one day.

I am going to shoot every possible thing and every person I know who will step in front of the camera for me this summer and I am determined to show that I should be in that PJ department.

I am tired of being put down with grades and what I do and it's time to really step it up and produce images that people are going to remember. I know I am not the best but I do know I am damn good at what I do and nothing is going to stop me from getting better. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment