Sunday, May 10, 2009

Many Lessons Learned

So why I am sitting here stalling in my attempts to study for my history final, I can't help but be distracted over everything I have learned, failed at, accomplished, and produced this semester. I can't help but think of everything that I have to learn and what all I have to look forward to in the future. I am so burnt out from a semester of shooting and am in extreme needs of a break but at the same time I feel energized and don't want to put the camera down for even a day because of how much is still out there that I need to push myself towards.

My photography means more to me now than it ever has in my entire life and it took me way too long to get to this point. To some degrees my photography and working with models is really all I have but more so, all I want.

In the efforts over the past week to get my website up and launched I was forced to take a look at my abilities as a photographer as well as a designer. More emphasis on the photographer part. I realized that what's the point of learning to design a great presentation and an attractively designed website if the content is of less attraction?

I believe I am a good photographer. I am very confident about my abilities with a camera in my hand. But at the same time I know I can shoot better, produce better, edit better, and do everything better. Basically, even though I am good, I am not at the point I want to be. I need to be better than what I am.

I am going to edit my website this summer and make it look better. I am going to take my business as a photographer off the ground. I am going to learn how to produce better pictures, be more professional when talking with people willing to model for me, learn how to edit better, learn to produce an attractive website with flash, but most of all become a better and over all well-rounded photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment